[OSM-talk] Demo editing to OSM data

Peter Mooney petermooney78 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:09:08 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am doing some teaching in a few weeks time on Neogeography. I intend
to show the students the workings of OpenStreetMap and in particular
how to contribute data and edit/update existing features.

I am aware that http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/ exists for testing.

My question is:

What is the most community-acceptable way to allow people to "test
out" editing in OSM (via Potlatch) which harming the data in the live
database? Under no circumstances will editing of the live database
take place in the workshops.

Is there an alternative to setting up my own local OSM server?

Best wishes and thanks in advance,

Peter