[OSM-talk] South Sudan: Update border from DoS data

Michael Krämer ohrosm at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:21:02 GMT 2011

In the meanwhile I have looked into to both taginfo and other disputed
borders (see [1]). Looks like there is no established way of handling this.

So I would now probably separate into two topics:

- Import the DoS data to update the border between Sudan and South
Sudan. Basically the border currently isn't tagged as disputed so 1.
doesn't make things worse. But I will add a corresponding note where
applicable.

- Keep thinking how to tag disputed borders appropriately. This is
probably nothing that can be achieved quickly.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Michael

-----
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_territorial_disputes