[OSM-talk] Vector maps for Android

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Mon Nov 28 09:02:57 GMT 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
> I understand your desire to have an "official" application. If you'll
> notice, though, there is no "official" OSM editor. Instead, there's
> Potlatch for in-browser editing
Ohh, Yes there are different tools combined together to make OSM work.

But I will still prefer to have something from OSM, because it doesn't
matter how many applications use osm data or how much better they are,
If application from OSM will be in the market people will definitely
like to use it.

Same as there can be a lot of applications using Google maps but most
of the people prefer to use services being provided by Google itself
and moreover all the smart phones having android or ios are loaded
with google's map by default.

So If there can be some core application from OSM only then we can
move the heavy number of users to use OSM and its data and one will
only contribute to it if he/she will use it and only then we can have
better and updated maps.

Its very necessary unite all the community and fulfill the demand of
increasing maps through smart phones.

I hope admins will be listening to my voice and something better will
be done soon.

Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora