[OSM-talk] Fixme: A proposal

Kay Drangmeister kay at drangmeister.net
Tue Oct 4 11:16:49 BST 2011

Hi,

SomeoneElse wrote:
> On the wider point though, surely "fixme=<anything>" means "someone
> needs to actually go there and do a survey"?

Nope. When I do survey (e.g. with GPS) I often make mental notes, or
remember (or even photograph) opening_hours, wifi availability etc.
But sometimes (I cannot tell the frequency) I need to tag:

amenity=cafe
wifi=no
...lots of other things...
name=Bagle Cafe
fixme=Not sure about the name, please fix.

Things like those can often (not always of course) be fixed by people
with local knowledge, without the need of resurveying.

Kind regards,
Kay