[OSM-talk] Naming dispute over Jerusalem - OSM failure

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Oct 5 07:42:13 BST 2011

Hi,

On 10/05/2011 01:00 AM, dimka israeli wrote:
> In my opinion, the handling of this dispute by OSM officials has up
> until now been entirely
> inappropriate, damaging for the Israeli OSM community and perhaps even
> politically motivated.

Data Working Group's position on this is that the community - meaning
all who live and map there - need to come to an amicable resolution and
as long as they don't, the node will either remain nameless, or it will
have both a Hebrew and Arab name combined in the "name" tag. This
suggestion was met with either silence or attempts to drag us into a
political disussion, which we refused.

We will not participiate in this discussion on talk but we'll be
interested to hear what the wider community has to say.

Bye
Frederik