[OSM-talk] Fixme: A proposal

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Oct 5 13:46:16 BST 2011

Pieren wrote:
> d) Add a short stub tagged "highway=path"

You can't tell without a fixme whether something is a stub because it's
incomplete, or because it really is like that.

Example: http://osm.org/go/eutFfSar-- . That looks very much like a stub
because bridleways don't peter out in the middle of nowhere. Surely it
requires resurvey? Except this one... genuinely does peter out.

> I just guess that the next mapper will compare the present
> data with its own survey

It's great that you have so many mappers that you can rely on footfall alone
to guarantee completeness. Footpaths in remote rural areas aren't like that.

Richard