[OSM-talk] How to fetch the map(data) from OpenStreetMap

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Mon Oct 10 08:55:08 BST 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:40 AM, Amrit Pal Pathak
<amritpalpathak1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey
>     I am newbie to this mailing list.I want to fetch a particular
> area from Open Street Map by giving a Longitudinal and altitude
> values.
>    How can i do that?
Hi Amrit,
If you are able to use the command given by Graham then its ok, thats
the exelent way, but If you are not familier with command line then
follow the procedure written below:

If you uses JOSM then just open it click on new file and click on the
download button on the upper panel.
There will be a option to select the area, just select the area and open it.
Then save that file with .osm extension.

Hope it will help.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in