[OSM-talk] Displaying videos from around the world on OSM?

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Wed Oct 12 14:01:37 BST 2011

On 12/10/11 13:33, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're thinking of having a big census of open government data
> initiatives from around the world next week [1], to coincide with Open
> Government Data Camp 2011 in Warsaw [2].
>
> This would involve having a basic mechanism to add title, URL, brief
> description and possibly thumbnail of a video to a map.
>
> Has anyone had any experience of doing this sort of thing on Open Street Map?
>
> Any suggestions (off list) would be very much appreciated.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> [1] http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ogdcamp/2011-October/000133.html
> [2] http://ogdcamp.org/

I created a map of the location of toad statues when they were in Hull
[1]. I then went on to use this to create a map of where students come
from on a course, showing a YouTube video to replace the toad photo,
which worked well. (It is not available to share ATM).

The students and toads are not connected, but the code is similar!

[1] http://toads.raggedred.net/

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly