[OSM-talk] Installing your own tileserver on Ubuntu

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Tue Oct 18 09:38:50 BST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:

> They are placed in my PPA on launchpad at
> https://launchpad.net/~kakrueger/+archive/openstreetmap/ There you can
> also download the individual packages, e.g.
> https://launchpad.net/~kakrueger/+archive/openstreetmap/+files/libapache2-mod-tile_0.4-9%7Enatty1_amd64.deb

I have edited the resource file manually and then was able to download
the  libapache2-mod-tile

But to process the .pbf file I have to log in into the postgres using
following commmands
$sudo -s
#su postgres

After logging into postgres file processed otherwise there was some
Indentation error.

After Installation of the package I am able to see the map of mapnik
and when I change it to local tiles, Nothing is there.
I doubt that if any tiles are generating at backend or not, after
But have not noticed any tile generation activity.

Please let me know what o do?

Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora