[OSM-talk] Jerusalem name tag - Mediation

Claudius claudius.h at gmx.de
Tue Oct 18 15:45:31 BST 2011

Am 16.10.2011 03:47, dimka israeli:
> I repeat, the only way, according to current OSM schema as I understand
> it, to represent the above point of view is a node in Hebrew,
> place=city, capital=yes, is_in=Israel.

Arabic *and* Hebrew are the official languages of Israel. You can see
that also the Jerusalem Municipality website is in Arabic and Hebrew (&
English) [1]. You didn't explicitely state it but: Do you oppose having
"יְרוּשָׁלַיִם - القُدس" used as the name?

Claudius

[1] http://www.jerusalem.muni.il/jer_main/defaultnew.asp?lng=2