[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] The Open Source OpenStreetMap Book

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:45:13 BST 2011

Thanks for the kind words, Martijn.

One of the questions we have yet to answer is how we should distribute the
books that Google bought for us. I would prefer to give them to people that
are a) likely to talk/blog about them (and thus OSM), b) not completely
aware of OSM, c) have limited internet connectivity, and/or d) are unable to
afford the cost of the book.

I'd be happy to hear about other ideas, though. There are only 9 books
available from Google, by the way. It is my opinion that if we want to give
them out to new OSM US members we should spend OSM US money to buy some for
existing and new members.