[OSM-talk] Google: pay for map and API

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sat Oct 29 00:55:00 BST 2011

I don't know what point we would make. GMaps users are not only paying
for the map data they're using - which they can of course get for free
at OSM - but also for a full-featured, well-documented, integrated API
with routing, geocoding, vector overlays and what have you, allowing
anyone who can find the pointy brackets on their keyboard to slap an
interactive map on their website.
This is something OSM does not offer, or claim to.