[OSM-talk] How to start to remove non-CT compliant data..

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Sep 3 11:13:19 BST 2011

Simon Poole wrote:
> there are further "minor" points  that would have to be considered, for
> example voting rights on future license changes.

I don't see any problem here. There is a definition of "active
contributors" in the CT which does not mention the CT or any of the
licenses, just the act of making contributions to the project.
Therefore, a contributor who has declared his contributions to be in the
PD would be able to vote if and only if he "has edited the Project in
any three calendar months from the last 12 months".

> It is clearly the easier, pragmatic and sensible thing to do to simply
> accept the CTs.

This might be the pragmatic thing for contributors to do, but it's not a
decision that can be made by the OSMF.

The pragmatic thing for OSMF to do would be to accept that PD
contributions remain in the CT/ODbL database.

-- Tobias Knerr