[OSM-talk] How to start to remove non-CT compliant data..

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sat Sep 3 14:13:44 BST 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
> Richard Fairhurst writes:
>  > [follow-ups should be to legal-talk yadda yadda]
>  >
>  > Russ Nelson wrote:
>  > > What about the people who didn't agree to the CT, but whose data is
>  > > in the public domain?
>  >
>  > See
>  > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2011-August/006608.html
>  > et seq.
>
> I only see two people defending the idea, and a lot more questioning
> it, that somehow a PD declaration is legally any less binding than
> signing a contract. The first is a contract of adhesion: "Here's my
> work; I renounce any copyright claims over it."

This is incorrect.  A waiver is not a contract, let alone a contract
of adhesion.  (I think maybe you meant a "unilateral contract" rather
than a "contract of adhesion", but a waiver isn't one of those
either.)

The CT is a contract of adhesion.

The rest of your message continues to repeat this mistaken premise.