[OSM-talk] Has JOSM become clunkier?

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:27:41 BST 2011

Since I updated to the last tested version, JOSM has been slower to
respond. For example, after I download from the XAPI
relation[network=US:AL] and download all relation members (this will
take a while), zooming to the full extent (hit 1) takes a few seconds,
as does doing anything at this scale. Even doing normal actions at
normal zoom seems to take slightly longer than it used to.

The only thing listed in the updates on loading JOSM is "Select and
delete mode now have better visual indication what the next action will
do (highlighting, cursor changes)." This seems like it could cause these
slowdowns, though I can't find a way to disable this feature (which I
honestly don't find useful) to test if it is the cause.