[OSM-talk] Who's using the torrents?

Jaak Laineste jaak.laineste at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:42:40 BST 2011

Hi Phil!

2011/9/19 Phil! Gold <phil_g at pobox.com>:
> Here's my FlexGet config.yaml:
>
>  feeds:
>    osm-planets:
>      rss: http://osm-torrent.torres.voyager.hr/files/rss.xml
>      accept_all: yes
>      transmission:
>        host: localhost
>        port: 9091
>        username: username
>        password: password

The flexget (and transmissions) are not not so well documented tools
as one could imagine, therefore I got stuck here. Especially: what is
here meant by transmission username and password, and what is port
number 9091?

Only port number I thought I need is incoming BT connection where I
planned to use 6881 as I hoped it would work fine for most users. I
don't know BT port system really, but I know that opening extra ports
in my firewall would be a bit pain for me.

> I use transmission as my BitTorrent client.  If you use a different
> program, you'll have to change that a little, but FlexGet has plugins for
> most of the major ones.

I prefer the ones which are easiest to work. Now I got to point where
I got for flexget --test as: "Cannot connect to transmission. Is it
running?". I know it is not running, but I don't know how to run it
properly (in command line(. Like what to give as URL/dir to fetch in
this case, and what other options would be needed? And how to run it -
for rotorrent I just use screen to keep it running, maybe there is
better way.

> The script used to make the current torrents[0] is probably the best place
> to start, though that doesn't help if you're not familiar with shell
> scripting.  I'll see if I can tweak it and then write some general
> instructions about using it.
>
> [0] http://osm-torrent.torres.voyager.hr/files/create_new_planet_torrent.sh

Shell scripting is ok for me in principle. I'd like to get basic
sharing to work first, then will take a look to that.

--
Jaak