[OSM-talk] new: OSM Split and Merge Tool

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 22 23:24:17 BST 2011

Hi,

On 09/23/2011 12:09 AM, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> The idea of mergeable, stand-alone data tiles is promising and I believe
> that these could prove very useful e.g. in the context of client-side
> rendering.

Another potential use case is on-demand download of almost arbitrary
areas; if, instead of generating tons of country extracts each night, I
could just generate lots of little boxes that would be stitched together
on the fly for anyone who wants to download, say, germany.osm.pbf, that
would be quite an advantage. It would of course require a fast,
streaming way of combining the blocks.

Bye
Frederik