[OSM-talk] Overpass API problem with underscores

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Sat Sep 24 11:09:42 BST 2011

> When I open
> http://www.overpass-api.de/api/xapi?*[highway=trunk_link][@meta][bbox=-77,3
> 8.9,-76.9,39] in JOSM I get a bunch of extraneous relations.

Thank you for reporting this. The positive and the negative examples have been
very useful to track down the bug. It is fixed now on the server.

It will also be fixed in the upcoming new release 0.6.94 next week, so I won't
issue a separate patch for this for 0.6.93.

> This does not happen for highway=trunk, so the problem is with the
> underscore.

By the way, it was not due to the underscore, but rather because there exists
in the entire Planet a relation with highway=trunk but no relation with
highway=trunk_link (only ways).

Best regards,

Roland