[OSM-talk] Truth about media hype in Microsoft lending big support and big dollars to OSM ?

Wed Apr 4 07:51:01 BST 2012

At 2012-04-03 19:24, Russ Nelson wrote:
>Pieren writes:
>  > Where is the truth here ? Is the "big support and big money" the
>  > access of Bing aerial imagery ? Is that all ?
>
>Hey, that's enough for me. I LOVES the Bing aerial imagery. Microsoft
>is welcome to take all the credit for helping us that they want to
>take.

I don't know about _that_, but I'll agree the Bing imagery _has_ been great
and thank them for it. Nice to have (mostly) high-res, (mostly)
well-aligned, well-served imagery as compared with previous MSRMaps, USGS,
etc. solutions.