[OSM-talk] Komuna e Malishevës, Serbia ?

kmilos kmilos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 22:59:36 BST 2012

I have a hunch the original problem has to do with objects being tagged as
'place=region'.

For some reason, Nominatim decides to grab and include whatever 50-100km
radius it finds appropriate around such an object. Furthermore, the behavior
of 'place=region' is not well defined [1], so I guess one should use proper
multipolygon/boundary relations instead.

@Mr DuPont
The fact that you you sign off as and support the 'Free Libre Open Source
Software KosovA' discredits you from any meaningful discussion, and any
claims of the good-willed intentions of an organization bearing such a name.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

For those less informed of the significance and motivations behind the one
letter difference (KosovO vs. KosovA), I'll be happy to elaborate, but I'm
sure Mr DuPont is well aware of the fact, otherwise I'm sure his accomplices
can happily clue him in.

Food for thought Mr DuPont: two wrongs do not make it a right. Balkans is a
tricky place, you really oughtn't take sides that hastily, or at all for
that matter.

Regards,

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dregion