[OSM-talk] Mapdust

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Apr 6 15:40:38 BST 2012

On 4/6/2012 10:24 AM, Philip Barnes wrote:
> Anyone else try to fix bugs off there? I have tried as I want to improve
> OSM.
>
> I am increasingly finding it a waste of time, too many bugs are labelled
> 'other' and just don't have enough info to work out what the problem
> is.
>
> In these cases I usually close them, and work on the ones that are
> solvable, or at least someone has bothered to try to describe the
> problem. But now can't do that as 'word verification' is broken. I type
> the code, but now it just gives me another code. What a useless site.

   Not totally useless, and quality of reports varies, but they have
identified some routing problems for me.

   I also find most of the 'other' class reports to be unusable without
an explanation from the reporter.  Occasionally you can spot something
that doesn't look right and fix it.

  The 'Verification code' is time sensitive, and at times requires a
second entry if you enter it after correcting a problem for some time.
  If it asks more than twice, something may be broken.