[OSM-talk] Geofabrik downloads post-licence-change

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:45:37 BST 2012

Hi,

2012/4/12 Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com>:
> Thank you for the answers.
> And many thanks too for all the unique webservices
> and the exceptional work you all are doing in the machinery halls.
>
> Yours, S.

One question related to this I've always wanted to ask you, is:
When I download the newest daily extract, like e.g.
switzerland.osm.pbf (timestamp usually around 4:00 AM),
and I look inside the db for the most recent added node,
this node has a creation-date of around 7 PM of the day before
(currently node 1711815745 7:10 PM).
How do you explain this delay of around 9 hours (= 7 PM till 4 AM next day)?
Which machinery is it behind which takes around 9 hours to process extracts?

Yours, S.