[OSM-talk] POI for Hotel

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:10:22 BST 2012

Am 13. April 2012 07:14 schrieb Andrew Errington <a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk>:
> On Fri, April 13, 2012 12:33, Frans Thamura wrote:
> Option 1: Add all data for all hotels into OSM.  Now you have only one
> database.  But the problem is that some data should probably not be
> entered into OSM.  For example, number of rooms, or price of rooms.

probably this is offtopic in this thread, but the number of rooms
would be an interesting information to roughly tell how important a
hotel is. I would like to have this in OSM. Prices on the other hand
are also of interest if you look for a hotel, but there is currently
no hope to keep this information up to date (and usually there are
lots of prices, dependent on the particular room (view/orientation,
location, size, ...).

cheers,
Martin