[OSM-talk] handheld gps unit

Claudius claudius.h at gmx.de
Fri Apr 20 13:19:49 BST 2012

Do you know how this compares to the newer touch screen Garmin devices
(Dakota, Oregan, Montana)? I know that upon release the GPS performance
(read "Accuracy") of the touch devices was below the Vista HCx.
Wondering if they could fix that via firmware upgrades or even
improvements to the hardware.

I really liked my Vista HCx, because of the very fast time to fix, the
high accuracy and the fact that it actually had a scrollable map
(something the Geko is lacking). But then the usability with that small
joystick was just... bad when using the map.

Claudius

Am 19.04.2012 14:40, Thomas Davie: