[OSM-talk] Help! Widescale mass problems introduced by user exMajor

Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net
Sat Apr 28 13:00:51 BST 2012

User exMajor (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eXmajor) has been
causing a lot of trouble in the UAE.

For months (s)he has been blindly mapping using Bing, not account for
offsets, drawing buildings around stationary airplanes [1], mapping
tracks as highway=construction[2], mapping mangroves as scrub [3] and so
on.  I've repeatedly asked him/her to stop but to no avail.  If I revert
the edits he just reverts them back.  Now in a series of changesets
starting roughly around the 14th April this same user has caused
wholesale vandalism in Abu Dhabi city, deleting roads, adding hundreds
of parking nodes [4], deleting entire districts, changing minor roads to
tertiary etc. Here
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=24.43726&lon=54.41217&zoom=17&layers=M)
is a typical example, with a block's worth of roads removed, leaving
three orphan segments.  Just pan around and see the mess.

It appears that I can not stop this user, so I'm appealing to the
community to help stop this before he screws up the entire UAE.

[1]
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=25.580147&lon=55.653601&zoom=18&layers=M
[2]
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=25.580147&lon=55.653601&zoom=18&layers=M