[OSM-talk] Ipatinga, Brazil, is gone

vitor vitor.george at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:32:00 BST 2012

Hi,

A whole urban region is gone from OpenStreetMap in Brazil.

Changes at OSM Inspector: http://bit.ly/PAdw4z

These are Ipatinga and other smaller industrial cities, in Minas Gerais
state.

Some people from there asked for my help to check if it is possible to get
the map back.

They are very beginners OSMers, but they are from a company that seems to
be already using OSM maps for security services.

We can start an effort to map the whole city back, or look for an import,
but I want to believe the former editors weren't aware about license change.

Is there a way to know who were the editors for this region? Maybe these
local guys can be more lucky in contacting them and explain about the
license change.

Thanks,

Vitor George
mapaslivres.org