[OSM-talk] License Change plans?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Mon Aug 13 19:13:44 BST 2012

On 13 August 2012 18:05, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we need to consider the ways that have been derived from GPS tracks that
> were licensed CC-by-SA and tag values such as road names where the original
> has been replaced but tag information has been copied over for our consumers
> to be reassured the data is .ODBL clean?

John, please at least have the integrity to say that this is an issue
raised on the FOSM fork forum, of which you are an active member.

On Peter Millar's (sherbourne) claim raised on the FOSM forum, I have
removed the data and remapped. Peter Millar is welcome to remove the
GPS traces (as per a LWG email to him a few weeks ago), the data
working group is also happy to do this on his behalf if notified.

OSM as an online service provider will act accordingly on copyright
takedowns. The OSMF has a register copyright agent, otherwise
copyright owners are welcome to email the OSMF's Licensing Working
Group or Data working group with specific cases.

On a personal note: I find it offensive that FOSM members continue to
use OpenStreetMap resources for FOSM mapping, while taking an
aggressive attitude against OpenStreetMap. I spent many hours of sweat
and creativity work setting up unique services like OSM's EPSG:3857
OSSV tile server, the new OS1 tile server, AGRI, Surrey Aerial Imagery
(ODbL Licensed) servers etc. It would be better if we got along.

Regards
 Grant