[OSM-talk] Multi city OSM mapping party around #desarrollandolatinoamerica

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Tue Aug 14 01:00:56 BST 2012

Mike, Luis: Absolutely. The structure of the event is not yet finalized, but we'll likely develop a suggested syllabus for a two day workshop and let people on the ground decide how they actually would like to structure the event. I'll follow up with a separate email directly to you guys.

Mapping this weekend in Mexico DF went really well, btw:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/17499

Cheers, Alex

On Aug 13, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Mike Dupont wrote:

> HI there,
> I have talked to Luis from Panama, he would also like to take part. Is
> there a way for people from panama to participate?
> thanks,
> mike
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
>> This year desarrollando latino america [1] will be organizing another multi city latin american hackathon on the first weekend of December. I'd like to add an OpenStreetMap flavor to it and help organize mapping parties in each of the participant cities either during or before the hackathon. Details are still being determined, I just wanted to drop a quick heads up here and encourage everybody who is interested in helping organize in one of the cities below to get in touch. Either way, I will follow up with details on this list.
>>
>> A quick list of cities that are confirmed so far, more to come:
>>
>> Argentina: Buenos Aires (possibly Cordoba, others)
>> Brasil: Sao Paolo (possible Rio, Recife, others)
>> Bolivia: La Paz
>> Chile: Santiago (possibly Temuco, Concepción, Viña, Valparaiso, others)
>> Costa Rica: San José
>> Perú: Lima (& other)
>> México: México DF
>> Uruguay: Montevideo