[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] shameless copying: still going on !!

Hugo Holscher hugoholscher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:17:36 BST 2012

I had a look in the relevant changeset (10690450) and what you find is a huge amount of deleted nodes end roads, which have been replaced by new ones. Unfortunately are the original nodes and roads not visisble as the original maker has not agreed to the the ODBL and the RedactionBot has done its work. Even without the work of mr_Israel the nodes and roads would have disappeared.

With that this becomes a delicate legal discussion: Is deleting a set of data and replacing it with a new set (likely using the old data) conflicting with the original CC-by-SA license.
This does not mean I support copying, (I know how it feels, as my first OSM steps back in 2007 have mysteriously dissappeared), but before serious accusations of shameless copying are uttered, a solid investigation is required.
Hugo