[OSM-talk] ITO Mapper sessions to OSMHV changesets

Gioele Barabucci gioele at svario.it
Wed Aug 22 13:12:06 BST 2012

On 22/08/2012 10:43, Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The ITO Mapper sessions don't tie up with the OSM Changesets, nor
> know about them. This is due to it having built prior to the the
> changesets in OSM being introduced, not upgraded since to take them
> into account. This can be seen as a useful feature as it groups
> together the changesets by the same person in the same area.

To group changesets together is indeed a nice feature, but I assumed it
would had been possible to split each session into its constituent
changesets. Given that this is not possible at all, is there any
information that could be exploited reliably to find the relevant
changesets?

At first I thought about reading the user and time and ask the API to
give me back all the changesets around that time frame, but that is
highly unreliable. Any other idea?

Bye,

--
Gioele <gioele at svario.it>