[OSM-talk] OSM-based community-maintained yelp-like project?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Wed Aug 22 23:05:25 BST 2012

Not OSM, but slightly (and possibly-maybe increasingly) using OSM (website
only, and as background layer only, currently):
Foursquare.

I actually started using 4sq again after they not only started using OSM
(with above limitations) and blogged about their wish to do more with OSM
-- but after I read more about MapBox's involvement with supporting 4sq to
use OSM (and learn it more thoroughly, I guess).

I've copied Alex here (even though I think he follows talk at osm) who's at
least one of the main OSM-4sq guys at MapBox.

What I'd love to see is 4sq contributing their POI data to OSM in a way or
another. .. I'm most probably not the only one thinking about this and
there are certainly a number of hurdles in making that happen. Some
linking/-age system between OSM data and 4sq POI data would also be nice.

Cheers,
-Jaakko