[OSM-talk] Policy in mapping military installations

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Thu Aug 23 20:01:27 BST 2012

I found a completely erased military base in Israel,
that is uncensored on Bing and Google, and two instances in OSM
of it have subsequently been removed, the first one drawn by
me (for 2 years) more recently a fresh version from user
mathbau (162033031)  erased by wikipod. (162033973)
There might have been consensus between the 2, but
I don't think that it's 2 users who should decide on
what is there to map and what not, once it has been
licensed to OSMF.

For those that want to see what's going on:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.6671&lon=35.18933&zoom=15&layers=M

http://maps.google.nl/maps?ll=32.665896,35.177879&spn=0.028794,0.055747&
t=k&z=15

In josm it's easy to vies  BING imagery behind it. Don't know about
potchlatch.

I suppose it makes  no sense creating a mapping war, so
I inquired about any policy in these.

Anyway, I was trying to recover the version I made
in the past to insert into fosm, but it seems
that it's not easy to find erased works.... ;<((

The change

Gert (cetest)