[OSM-talk] Policy in mapping military installations

Jonas Häggqvist rasher at rasher.dk
Thu Aug 23 21:01:06 BST 2012

On 23-08-2012 21:34, Toby Murray wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM, ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert
> Gremmen <g.gremmen at cetest.nl> wrote:
>> I found a completely erased military base in Israel,
>> that is uncensored on Bing and Google, and two instances in OSM

[...]

> They seem to have been deleted in this changeset:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/11876140
>
> Have you tried sending the user a message asking why it was deleted?
>
> Toby

He makes his thoughts quite clear in his diary:
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Wikipod/diary>

This subject was previously discussed in the forum:

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=3820

My personal opinion aligns well with that thread:

1. Don't break local law - this may include mapping military installations
2. Don't delete things that are already mapped in OSM
3. Don't get shot

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk