[OSM-talk] Policy in mapping military installations

Michael Krämer ohrosm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:46:21 BST 2012

2012/8/24 Michael Kugelmann <MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de>

> 1. Don't break local law - this may include mapping military installations
> But local law should not be valid if you are in another country.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm guess it's not that simple. I think local law
might apply even if you're somewhere else. But it might be difficult to
enforce unless you visit the country sometime. In fact I think this ispart
of the reason for the current buzz around Julian Assage...

So one could view this as a question of balancing personal risk...

Michael (another one)