[OSM-talk] Policy in mapping military installations

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Fri Aug 24 09:06:35 BST 2012

Then we should let it alone and bow for the
international "common denominator" of forbidden
subjects and stop mapping

fugitive camps
military installations
war monuments
coffee shops
governmental buildings

or whatever any country will put on the list
of forbidden to map ???

Isn't there a need for a official OSMF view
on these matters ?

On the topic of the Israeli airport:

Is hiding the airport not an invitation
to attack a civil airport instead?
Or a bus stop? Or a shopping mall?
And is that why military airports must be hidden?
Or should we hide all potential terrorist attack targets?

Where does this end ?

And to Pieren:

"create huge difficulties for the local community"

is that to OSM as a "open"  community acceptable as a reason "to unmap" subjects ?

Gert