[OSM-talk] DWG post-redaction bot cleanup

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Aug 26 02:49:40 BST 2012

I didn't reply to this right away since there were some technical issues to
be worked out, but they're worked out now.

Thanks to some coding by Matt Amos (zere) the technical issues have been
sorted out and the bot is now manually running, with close monitoring.

The redactions are being done from
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/pnorman%20redaction%20revert

It may take a while before changesets appear - the first couple changesets
being redacted are ones that were already deleted so I don't anticipate any
visible bot actions.

Because the bot is using API calls to fetch data instead of direct database
access it is not as fast. Running flat-out at the current rate I would guess
about 100k nodes per day, single-threaded, with everything working perfectly
and no human intervention required. I expect it to need some hand-holding
initially.