[OSM-talk] Role of the Wiki

bruno bruno at anche.no
Wed Dec 5 07:37:50 GMT 2012

On mer, 2012-12-05 at 05:49 +0100, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> - use tags or tag keys that have been used quite often
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/

What if a new  way of tagging something gets approved? The moment it
becomes "approved" there will be probably 0 objects with the new tags,
and if someone follows this principle (from what I see, this is exactly
what happens) the new tags won't be used, rendering useless the
discussion and approving of the new tags*.
I'm probably a too novice mapper to appreciate the freedom this "tag as
you see fit" approach gives me, I usually feel like "couldn't they just
compromise on ONE way of tagging this? what if I tag it wrong?", but
that's probably my fault...

/bruno

* Yes, I'm talking about public_transport
--
CONTACTS http://tracciabi.li/~bruno/contacts.html 2nd email bruno at tracciabi.li
GNU/Linux registered user #121507 http://linuxcounter.net