[OSM-talk] Good membership management software

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Fri Dec 7 23:35:17 GMT 2012

I'm not particularly happy with CiviCRM, we're using it to manage membership and dues in the US. Roughly, we are using / looking for this kind of functionality:

- Sign up for becoming an OSM-US chapter member
- Recurring dues, payment via Paypal or credit card
- Option to send email to all members
- Simple reporting (new members / month, recurring members, etc.)
- Simple record customization (e. g. it is great to capture a members OSM user)

CiviCRM is

1. slow
2. slow
3. unwieldy

Has anyone recommendations for a nifty no-bullshit membership app? Ideally a hosted solution?

Alex Barth
http://twitter.com/lxbarth
tel (+1) 202 250 3633