[OSM-talk] OSM import stats

Brian DeRocher brian at derocher.org
Mon Dec 17 15:19:17 GMT 2012

Frederick and all,

I found your SotM presentations on OSM imports regarding disks and stats.    I just completed a full planet import via osm2pgsql.  Are you interested in the stats from my import?  I *think* there's a wiki page about import stats, should i put them there.

Long story short: 3 HDD 5400 rpm, RAID 5, took 570030 seconds overall (6.6 days).  This includes indexing.

I had a question i've never seen address.  I followed recommended tunings for PostgreSQL for the import.  Do you recommend keeping these settings or adjusting them for normal usage?  I will re-enabling fsync.

Brian

--
http://brian.derocher.org
https://mappingdc.org