[OSM-talk] House Numbers

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 30 22:57:23 GMT 2012

On 30/12/2012 21:53, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/housenumbers.html
>
> It would be great if you could find your name on the list and do a quick
> sanity check in your head whether this looks right or not.
>
> According to this list, 208 accounts have added more than 10k house
> numbers - if any one of them has actually surveyed that many houses they
> should be awarded a prize! A further ~ 1400 have done between 1k and 10k
> numbers, and ~ 4600 have done between 100 and 1k numbers.
>
> It is quite possible that the program has bugs so if you notice
> something strange, do mention it.

 From a quick check, the numbers seem about the right for me - only a
couple of hundred house numbers so far. Though I'm planning on mapping
more soon, now that I have an Android phone with KeypadMapper.

It would be good if it could include addr:housename tags as well. A lot
of the houses around here have house names instead of numbers (or house
names as well as numbers).

Craig