[OSM-talk] House Numbers

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Dec 31 07:53:15 GMT 2012

> From: Werner Hoch [mailto:werner.ho at gmx.de]
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] House Numbers
>
> That one looks strange to:
>   3490 OSMF Redaction Account
>
> I don't think that the redaction bot actively mapped adresses.
> I'd expect the redaction bot has mapped zero adresses.

In certain scenarios the adding of an address can be hidden by redactions
but the address still be clean so the first time the address appears is on
the post-redaction version by the bot. It's not particularly common, but the
bot touched a lot of data.

If you parse the full history planet you won't see cases where the redaction
bot removed addresses because they were redacted.