[OSM-talk] Night of the living maps 07.02.2012 - Avoid API congestion

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 17:59:02 GMT 2012

> And here are some problems:

Thank you, Toby, for reporting these issues. I've just released a new version
which solves the problems:

> 1) Activating this plugin seems to overwrite the default JOSM download
> action so the only way to start using the normal API again is to
> remove the plugin which doesn't seem entirely good.

Fixed.

> 2) after I bring up the URL dialog, there is no way to dismiss it. I
> can also bring up multiple copies at the same time

Fixed.

> 3) downloading via this plugin does not trigger JOSM's "Draw
> boundaries of downloaded data" feature.

I've fixed it in the way that the plugin uses the requested bounding box to
draw boundaries.

> Suggestion: Why require source changes and a recompile to change the
> URL? Just make the JComboBox editable.

Done. I think I'll embed these URLs somehow in the settings, but I haven't yet
figured out how.

Cheers,

Roland