[OSM-talk] OrbView-3 is public domain

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:49:58 GMT 2012

Following up on this old thread.

USGS EarthExplorer now provides L1GST version of Orbview3.  This file
is now rectified (EPSG:32651 in my case).  I assume the steps provided
by gis-lab.info is not necessary.  However, I'm seeing an offset of
around ~30 meters in the data I downloaded.  Are this the same on
other areas using Level 1GST product?

Are there other ways to georectify this?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:
> Ilya Zverev writes:
>>
>> I've translated a page from the Russian GIS community wiki:
>> http://wiki.gis-lab.info/w/Orbview3_Orthorectification
>

> great. Thanks for sharing.
> What would be the best way to share these files? Convert them into metatiles
> and let a system already serving tiles using mod_tile also serve these?
> Or have a specialized software like geoserver running?
> Stephan

cheers,
maning