[OSM-talk] Change in OSM Inspector License View/WTFE

g0ldfish e-blu at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 10:11:54 GMT 2012

Hi Frederik,

I think it would be excellent to have the license status of relations
visualised. I did not dare to suggest something like that after you
questioned whether some of the relations (public transport was the example
afair) should reside in OSM at all in your christmas email.

I would think of a new osmi layer highlighting the way and node members in
the color of the license status the relation (or super relation) it belongs
to has. Obviously there would be much more frequent overlapping due to
relation nesting and members belonging to multiple relations, so it would be
helpful if red status were drawn on top of orange, and orange on top of
yellow (this generally should apply to overlapping ways as well). If
possible, the sidebar could also show the license status of all problematic
relations the selected item is member of, not only the topmost one.

Does this make sense to you? And, is it technically possible?

Regards,
g0ldfish