[OSM-talk] Contact And Remap Campaign

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Thu Feb 9 13:06:15 GMT 2012

"I don't remap because I lack official and final rules (and tool(s)) for what needs to be remapped."
+1

In addition to this my other reasons are:

* Limited time vs. Possibility to reduce re-mapping needs by undecided accepting the new license+CTs. Toby  has clearly detailed how powerful this _may_ be.
(Note-to-self: 2do)

* Possibility of considering undecided as accepted (if they don't respond) due to the listed imho good reasons (that, in essence, many if not most undecided don't know of the change and assumingly would accept if they would know)
(note-to-OSMF: 2consider)

* the above (and other) undecided impacts to remapping in cases where features have been mapped over time by a mix of accepted, declined and undecided mappers.

I may well not understand something of the big picture here but I think it could be a good idea to have at least a month or two of time between the time when undecideds are considered accepted and before the switch/"cleanup" is done in the data, would be imho good to be combined with what someone suggested as stating clearly that if those who are undecided and don't respond now will complain later then the cleanup of their data will happen later than sooner (as the community's time permits).
This would (hopefully) dis-encourage those who "everyone" knows will not accept the license change (and who know about it) but who are not declining for whatever reason.

Cheers from sunny Haiti,
-Jaakko

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta