[OSM-talk] Contact And Remap Campaign

Václav Řehák rehakv01 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:15:59 GMT 2012

2012/2/9 Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch>:

> With the exception of a couple of edge cases, all the necessary information
> and tools exists. And can be easily found on this list and on the wiki.
>
> For example: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Remapping

I went through the page and I'm aware that you and others put much
effort into making the relicensing easier. But can you please show me
where exactly it is described what will happen e.g. to a node without
tags (part of a way) created by decliner that was since then moved by
agreeing user? And how can I verify that my edit made the way clean?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but after spending one hour trying to fix a
single residential road without being sure it's license is OK now, I
decided not to remap. I'm not trying to blame anyone or requesting
something, just explaining why "all OSM contributors are not madly
remapping right now".

If the API will allow only CT+ODbL compatible changesets, I will start
trying to fix my area. But before that it's just too much work with
uncertain results.