[OSM-talk] Bing imagery and the remap campaign

Douglas Musaazi douglasmusaazi at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 19:03:01 GMT 2012

Hi all..

I think "this is an opportunity that met a prepared mind". Just as we were organizing a mapping reflection day at the Uganda Christian University in Mukono this saturday 11th Feb 2012, we realized that  the bing satellite imagery was available for this area (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=0.35509&lon=32.740369&zoom=18&layers=M) unlike the last four months when the students worked with potlatch with a blank back ground.
We would like to show gratitude for this great achievement and thank bing and OSM for availing the clear imagery , we hope to map better.

We shall also use this opportunity for the participants to re-map their previous edits and correct those that could have been mapped wrongly, and also agree to the new osm odbl licence.

There were some slight difficulties with downloading the bing satellite image via walking papers, but there was also an improvement for every day that we tried again, hope it is minor, because it could download very well, but have some images not being displayed for that area in the pdf file, though others were perfectly fine.

Yours Truly

Douglas Ssebaggala Musaazi
Mobile:   +256-772-422524

http://www.mountbatten.net/