[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Finding untagged dead-ends

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Feb 15 11:14:41 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way (in JOSM or otherwise) to find all dead-ends (nodes contained
> in only one highway way) without highway=turning_circle or noexit=yes in an
> area?

There's a ticket that would help accomplish this [0]. You could then
do a search like "-(highway=mini_roundabout OR highway=turning_circle
OR noexit=yes) child:0,-1 highway=* type:way". At the moment I can't
think of a way to select nodes with only one parent way. If I'm not
missing something and this functionality isn't implemented yet, it
wouldn't be hard, just need to create a ticket and choose an
appopriate keyword: "nparents" "nchildren"?

-Josh

[0]: http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/7262