[OSM-talk] Problem with OSM Inspector License View/WTFE

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" xificurk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 09:00:56 GMT 2012

Hello,

I've come across a few weird things in OSMI License View - I was
wondering how is it possible that in Prague there is a lot of "created"
ways but their nodes seem ok.

Take a look for example here:
goo.gl/yANXl

There is a building that was created by jkjk (decliner):

But the nodes seem ok, so let's take a look:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/652409854
http://wtfe.gryph.de/report/node/652409854

The creation of node (by jkjk) is marked as "harmless".

1) Why is not displayed the "harmless" status on OSMI?

2) Until know I thought that all v1 objects created by decliners will go
away, but it seems (at least for nodes) the WTFE logic is different.

3) It's a bit funny that the v1 "taintiness" coming from the position of
node is removed by v2 "changed position < 1m" (harmless contribution).
Is this really OK from the copyright and license point of view?

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk