[OSM-talk] Printed map books

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:07:35 GMT 2012

Hi,
The two 'townguide' ones are mine, but the demonstration web service at
townguide.webhop.net is not working, sorry (had a little disk crash a year
ago, and never quite got around to putting it back together...)

Getting a nice printable booklet working has been on my todo list for ages
- there is a rough implementation of it in the townguide code, but that is
really a proof of concept rather than a finished work.    I must admit to
not developing townguide recently, but if there is demand for this, I will
have a go at getting a booklet implementation working....you will have to
give me a few weeks though, but the code is all open source, so if you
would like to work on it, I can explain how it works.

I think there is another option called pdfatlas - This is aiming to do
something similar, but I failed to get it working when I tried - can't
remember why though - worth searching on the OSM wiki for it.

Regards

Graham.

On 19 February 2012 08:55, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>  I asked about this a while ago on the thread "Generating a street
> directory from OSM?" and got some good answers.  Some relevant links
> that came up:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/townguide
> http://www.townguide.webhop.net/
> http://www.maposmatic.org
>
> Steve
>
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:
> > In my car I still use a printed map book, which I'd like to replace with
> one
> > using OSM data and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
> >
> > The features I consider requirements are
> >
> > - Tiled pages with an index map at the front of the book
> > - Arrows on each page indicating the number of the adjacent pages
> >
> > I'd also like
> >
> > - A street index at the back, indicating the street, city, map page and
> map
> > grid
> >
> > I've looked at the wiki, but all of the programs I saw used osmarender

Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.